Reading the mood for library new build
Tue 12 March 2019, 3:24 pm
There were 170 responses to a consultation on a new library, which is a key element of new public space in the centre of Harrow.
The library, built within the Harrow Square development close to Harrow on the Hill station, will be located in a new square with the existing church, new shops and four new residential blocks.
The square has pedestrian entrances from three locations, with public art and a covered area adding to the mix of activities. Among questions about the services people would like to see, and choices about the decorative finishes and furniture, respondents said the overall feel of the library should be peaceful and light.
If you are interested in reading more about Harrow, subscribe to our newsletter
- Open triangle meets with approval
- Chase the fitness dream
- Money to help arts blossom
- Reading the mood for library new build
- New council chiefs takes up post
- Final phase of Lyon Square sales opens
- Park wins further lottery funding
- Park opens to public
- Harrow praised for development collaboration
- Homes in Harrow